|MATTHEW 5: 1-16
1. And when He saw the multitudes, He went
up on the mountain; and after He sat down
His disciples came to Him.
2. And opening His mouth He began to teach them, saying,
3. "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4. "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
5. "Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.
6. "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
7. "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.
8. "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
9. "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
10. "Blessed are those who have been persecute for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11. "Blessed are you when men cast insults at you, and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely, on account of Me.
12. "Rejoice, and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
13. "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how will it be made salty again? It is good for nothing anymore, except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men.
14. "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.
15. "Nor do men light a lamp, and put it under a peckmeasure, but on the lampstand; and it gives light to all who are in the house.
16. "Let your light shine before me in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."