INFORMATION ABOUT
HOLY TRINITY UNITED
METHODIST CHURCH

HOME PAGE
MASTER INDEX




Background of Holy Trinity United Methodist Church

Holy Trinity United Methodist Church (HTUMC) was founded in 1954 as "Home Estates Methodist Church". Rev Robert Joiner was the first Minister. The Fifty-seven (57) original church founders and Rev. Joiner met in a classroom of Cimarron Elementary School, until the original sanctuary and office were constructed in 1958 on the present site. The original sanctuary and office are now classrooms. HTUMC was the first church created by the Houston District's "Room to Grow Program".

In 1961 HTUMC expanded by building a new Sanctuary, which is now the Fellowship Hall. As attendance grew and HTUMC programs increased, in 1975 the present Sanctuary was constructed. In 1977 the present Administration wing was built.

The Methodist Church and the Evangelical United Brethren Church joined in 1968 to become the United Methodist Church and remains such today. For more history on this merger, go to the page on the history of the United Methodist Church.

The Room to Grow Program is supported by Methodists throughout the United States, where funds are collected to help build new United Methodist Churches. As stated, HTUMC became the first Room to Grow church in the Houston District.

In 19?? the Official Board (now Administrative Council) of HTUMC established a day school/day care program, which has been highly successful over the years and boasts a good number of students in the 2003-2004 school year.

Holy Trinity United Methodist Church, founded in 1954 will celebrate its 50th Anniversary this year. HTUMC enjoys a reputation as a "giving Church". For many years HTUMC was the largest contributor to the North Channel Assistance Ministries; initiated and continues to have a Christmas in July program to purchase school supplies for underprivileged children in the North Channel Area; provides clothing and toys for underprivileged children at Christmas; has an annual manger scene with live animals for the community; ESL classes; Vacation Bible School; sponsors a Boy Scout Troop; provides a place for social activity for senior citizens; and much, much more